One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Individual cobs of maize which have been harvested when very small and immature, eaten as a vegetable.
- ‘Also good were spinach noodles tossed with baby corn, scallions and snow peas.’
- ‘The choices included tasty macaroni salad, a rice salad dressed with olive oil, baby corn, pickled beets and some chopped, crisp romaine.’
- ‘This came on a sizzling platter with carrots, cauliflower, baby corn and asparagus spears.’
- ‘The Thai vegetables with peanut sauce came in a little bowl containing baby corn, mushrooms, bamboo, and other veggies including, I think, fresh fig.’
- ‘It has brought in drip-irrigation technology to the drought-prone region to grow baby corn, gherkins, tomatoes, paprika and other vegetables over an area of 80 hectares.’
- ‘All dishes were served with a simple, but perfectly-cooked selection of veggies: buttered new potatoes, mange tout, carrots and baby corn.’
- ‘The farmers grew a mixture of export crops including mange tout peas, sugar snap peas and baby corn.’
- ‘Granted, baby corn is a specialty item best to dress up a farmers' market display or a fancy salad bar.’
- ‘The soup was extremely salty and filled with tofu, mushrooms, broccoli, cauliflower, baby corn, and carrots.’
- ‘His mouth opened in astonishment as he saw her raise on a cocktail toothpick a piece of baby corn.’
- ‘The water chestnuts went with the baby corn and straw mushrooms very well, and the cream cut the chilli heat to perfection.’
- ‘But the alternating of water falling from the sky and hot sunshine has been great for my baby corn.’
- ‘Cool and mix with broccoli, asparagus, baby corn, thinly sliced red capsicum, thinly sliced water chestnuts and shallots.’
- ‘These pizzas filled with juicy tomatoes, olives, baby corn and crunchy capsicum are topped with mushrooms, crispy onions and melting cheese to give that tingling taste.’
- ‘Here, wrapped in plastic, are small clusters of perfect baby corn and mange tout from plantations in Kenya.’
- ‘Baby corn can be grown fairly easily without chemicals.’
- ‘They offer dishes like butter baby corn, American baby corn masala, and the seasonal mango corn mix.’
- ‘The proposed land comprising 50 hectares is situated 12 km from the Waterfalls farm and was to be used for the production of coffee, paprika, baby corn and peas.’
- ‘In the vegetarian section, there is tender corn, baby corn, panneer, cherry tomatoes, cauliflower, green peas, phool makhana, mushrooms, potatoes, vegetable koftas and more to choose from.’
- ‘He said the five products included baby carrot, baby squash, baby corn, baby marrow and asparagus.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.