Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The protrusion of a pregnant woman's abdomen, typically when it is first noticeable to other people.
- ‘Some even develop swollen stomachs that look like a "baby bump", according to the largest study of its kind in Britain.’
- ‘She recently showed off her baby bump recently on a visit to a museum in Copenhagen.’
- ‘Aware, perhaps, of the consternation she would provoke, the new minister had attempted to dress neutrally for the occasion: a tailored black jacket and a white smock-top that artfully disguised her baby bump.’
- ‘Now, Roberts, 37, who is still executive director of the Southeast Mississippi Chapter of the American Red Cross, is sporting a baby bump.’
- ‘This week they're covering Angelina's baby bump and Jennifer Aniston's single-girl sorrow, as well as Nicole Richie, Christina Aguilera and J. Lo's baby offspring.’
- ‘The fashion-forward first lady joked in an interview with Oprah Winfrey that she was miffed when she heard the online gossip dishing on her alleged baby bump.’
- ‘Instead, of my sister bothering me about it, which was something I thought she would do, we were helping move Devon and her growing baby bump into the house.’
- ‘Not to mention the fact that she looked stunning and showed no traces of any baby bump.’
- ‘As the actress points out, a baby bump could hardly be hidden behind a string of flapper beads.’
- ‘With her baby bump just beginning to show, Victoria couldn't be persuaded to actually model her sexy jeans and tiny tees, but did take a victory waltz down the runway alongside at the end of the show.’
- ‘But on the Strictly Come Dancing special on Christmas Day she showed clear signs of a small baby bump as she hosted the ballroom entertainment show with Bruce Forsyth.’
- ‘Now "People" magazine reported that a source told them the wedding was being rushed together over the last couple of weeks so that Foster could get married before the baby bump was showing.’
- ‘Coleen Rooney has shown off her baby bump for the first time during a holiday with her footballer husband Wayne in Barbados.’
- ‘Constructed from super-soft knit fabric, this snuggly perfect-for-fall top has a gentle pleat at the neck; sash ties just above the baby bump and sleeves are accented with elastic at the wrist for a finished look that is tres hip!’
- ‘Just over half of parents questioned said they started reading books to their children when the child was six months old - while 18 per cent read stories to their baby bump.’
- ‘Even the loose-fitting T-shirt could not hide Billie Piper's growing baby bump, three months into her first pregnancy.’
- ‘She married fellow actor Laurence Fox in January and was spotted with a baby bump three months later while on holiday in Mauritius.’
- ‘Safe to say we can expect their walk down the aisle any day now and as far as a baby bump is concerned, it's still not quite clear.’
- ‘Dasha is so petite it's impossible to notice she has a baby bump, even though she is six months gone.’
- ‘She might not realise it yet, but her baby bump is fast becoming a political issue.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.