Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
(of a woman) very sexually attractive.
gorgeous, stunning, wonderful, exquisite, lovely, magnificent, dazzling, amazing, radiant, delightful, charming, enchanting, entrancing, captivating, bewitchingView synonyms
- ‘Beauty and looks may well be skin deep, but in this game, the coolest dudes and babelicious babes get the highest rankings.’
- ‘Among the two-legged non-freaks ranged against this hellish horde is the female sheriff, Sam Parker, a babelicious single mom played by Kari Wuhrer.’
- ‘A few years later that softness started affecting the plots as well, when the assistant D.A.'s sidekick was replaced with a series of babelicious young women.’
- ‘These babelicious beauties have no problem looking hot.’
- ‘In the show, a babelicious young stockbroker named Hayley is asked to choose a lover from a group of 20 masked suitors.’
- ‘Oh, and guys - Saffron Borrows is rampantly babelicious, and Kate Winslet is also pretty darn cute.’
- ‘And then do something different, that you and your bad intellectual babelicious self wouldn't have done before.’
- ‘If she's that babelicious inside and out, then surely she's the belle of the ball to begin with.’
- ‘She grows up to become Jessica Alba, as babelicious as it's possible to be with the right lighting and hair the softer shade of summer.’
- ‘What could be better than piano lessons from a babelicious pianist?’
- ‘And some people, look like incredible, dressed-like-Lara-Croft-only-with-chains-on semi-naked babelicious freaks.’
- ‘Sheen took the babelicious Denise Richards off the market when the two got hitched this weekend.’
- ‘He leaned in closer, and so did the others, ‘You know that babelicious babe of a babe Betthany Dennis?’’
- ‘Isn't this sort of Silence Of The Lambs, with a more babelicious member of the FBI?’
- ‘You'll find him featuring as a character in a story all about the most babelicious action heroine of all: Tomb Raider's luscious Lara Croft.’
- ‘Mac Swift offers up some advice as well as a description of his ideal woman - ‘a fine babelicious Maxim-Con girl who thinks Jack Chick is the best thing since sliced bread.’’
- ‘Scarcely a minute goes by where someone isn't remarking upon Angie's lack of beauty or showing a guy running roughshod over her to get to a presumably more babelicious gal.’
1992: coined in the film Wayne's World.
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.