Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
(of a woman) very sexually attractive.
gorgeous, stunning, wonderful, exquisite, lovely, magnificent, dazzling, amazing, radiant, delightful, charming, enchanting, entrancing, captivating, bewitchingView synonyms
- ‘Beauty and looks may well be skin deep, but in this game, the coolest dudes and babelicious babes get the highest rankings.’
- ‘These babelicious beauties have no problem looking hot.’
- ‘In the show, a babelicious young stockbroker named Hayley is asked to choose a lover from a group of 20 masked suitors.’
- ‘He leaned in closer, and so did the others, ‘You know that babelicious babe of a babe Betthany Dennis?’’
- ‘What could be better than piano lessons from a babelicious pianist?’
- ‘Among the two-legged non-freaks ranged against this hellish horde is the female sheriff, Sam Parker, a babelicious single mom played by Kari Wuhrer.’
- ‘And some people, look like incredible, dressed-like-Lara-Croft-only-with-chains-on semi-naked babelicious freaks.’
- ‘You'll find him featuring as a character in a story all about the most babelicious action heroine of all: Tomb Raider's luscious Lara Croft.’
- ‘A few years later that softness started affecting the plots as well, when the assistant D.A.'s sidekick was replaced with a series of babelicious young women.’
- ‘Sheen took the babelicious Denise Richards off the market when the two got hitched this weekend.’
- ‘Scarcely a minute goes by where someone isn't remarking upon Angie's lack of beauty or showing a guy running roughshod over her to get to a presumably more babelicious gal.’
- ‘She grows up to become Jessica Alba, as babelicious as it's possible to be with the right lighting and hair the softer shade of summer.’
- ‘Mac Swift offers up some advice as well as a description of his ideal woman - ‘a fine babelicious Maxim-Con girl who thinks Jack Chick is the best thing since sliced bread.’’
- ‘If she's that babelicious inside and out, then surely she's the belle of the ball to begin with.’
- ‘And then do something different, that you and your bad intellectual babelicious self wouldn't have done before.’
- ‘Oh, and guys - Saffron Borrows is rampantly babelicious, and Kate Winslet is also pretty darn cute.’
- ‘Isn't this sort of Silence Of The Lambs, with a more babelicious member of the FBI?’
1992: coined in the film Wayne's World.
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.