One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- dialect form of baby
- ‘I didn't tell your Mum, because stress is bad for growing babbies and I didn't want any ‘dad's a loser’ proteins to enter your little nervous system.’
- ‘Wells, 45, found a woman screaming ‘My babby's still upstairs! ‘as smoke billowed from her house.’
- ‘You see, of the four folks left in the house, I am the babby, in blog-terms at least.’
- ‘It was the thing which made me a little boy, a babby, no more.’
- ‘I've blubbed like a babby 3 times so far and the one about the Ethiopian boy reunited with his family just had me howling.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.