Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The political principles of the Baath Party.‘the overall tone of Baathism remained secular’
- ‘The coalition has destroyed Baathism.’
- ‘Relations were severed over the ideological differences between different strains of Baathism practiced in the two countries.’
- ‘Interspersed in and among the scholarly and popular books were state-produced tracts on Baathism.’
- ‘In both countries, the overall tone of Baathism remained secular.’
- ‘He never gave up campaigning against Baathism.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.