Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A father.‘she was muttering something about a baap who didn't have time for his own son’
- ‘Rishi Rich is the baap of modern Bhangra sound and Yash Raj film, the grand daddy of Bollywood.’
- ‘Also awaiting listeners are humorous shows including ‘Jholmaal’, ‘Angrezi Talking’, ‘Hakka Bakka’, ‘Wholesale Gudgee’ and the baap comedy ‘Hum Bolega… The Sajid Khan Show’.’
- ‘Well, Udipi Chainis is the baap of even Indian Chainis.’
- ‘The magic of Jai and Veeru, talkative Basanti, the silent but strong Thakur and Gabbar Singh, the baap of all baddies, was evident as people came out smiling and repeating the dialogues of the film.’
- ‘The baap of stirring renditions intones: ‘Believe me, I sing from my heart.’’
From Hindi bāp.
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.