One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A dance held for single people, typically in a rural area.‘it's kind of like a B & S without the alcohol’as modifier ‘a B & S ball’
- ‘It's kind of like a B&S without the alcohol.’
- ‘I've spent gawd-knows how many nights sleeping in cars at music festivals and B&S's.’
- ‘The B&S is an icon of outback Australian dating and drinking.’
- ‘She's been going to B&S balls for quite a few years.’
- ‘He's no longer doing the B&S and country party scene.’
Early 20th century: from the initials of Bachelors' & Spinsters'.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.