One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A medium-sized articulated truck consisting of a towing vehicle and two semi-trailers.‘the vehicle in question was a B-double with a length of over 25m’
- ‘He was doing just dandy so I left him to it and went to the silo's where the world's most inept B-double driver was waiting to unload some feed.’
- ‘The B-Double would only meet that speed criterion within 190 m.’
- ‘Figure 11 shows the raw steer angle data for the B-Double.’
- ‘On the 5 per cent grade, the speed of the B-Double is approximately 15 per cent higher than that of the AAB-Quad across the measured distances.’
- ‘In this current study, a full scale testing programme was undertaken on a rough road to measure the lateral displacement of the rear trailer of a B-Double on a nominally straight path.’
- ‘During the B-Double testing, the data logger failed to record some measurements.’
- ‘The B-Double was fully-laden, but its cargo remained intact in the crash.’
- ‘They can't use some roads for the bigger transport -- B-double access is being restricted because of the roads.’
- ‘The southbound B-Double semi-trailer and northbound semi-trailer collided 12 km north of the Iluka turn-off, completely blocking the highway to traffic for more than 14 hours.’
- ‘The smallest of the MCVs tested, the B-Double, is coupled by a turntable assembly between the prime mover and first trailer, and another assembly at the rear of the first trailer supporting the second trailer.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.