Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- another term for B-lymphocyte
- ‘This finding is also consistent with the known high levels of expression of TLR4 on macrophages, dendritic cells, and B-cells.’
- ‘Three important kinds of lymphocytes are T-cells, B-cells, and Natural Killer Cells.’
- ‘‘Rituxan works on a component of the immune system called B-cells,’ Dr. Hawker said.’
- ‘Green tea improves the overall functioning of the immune system, as it is thought to stimulate immune cells, specifically B-cells, which fight infection by building lymphatic tissue and producing antibodies.’
- ‘There are two types of immune system - a B-cell and a T-cell.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.