One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for B-lymphocyte
- ‘There are two types of immune system - a B-cell and a T-cell.’
- ‘Green tea improves the overall functioning of the immune system, as it is thought to stimulate immune cells, specifically B-cells, which fight infection by building lymphatic tissue and producing antibodies.’
- ‘Three important kinds of lymphocytes are T-cells, B-cells, and Natural Killer Cells.’
- ‘This finding is also consistent with the known high levels of expression of TLR4 on macrophages, dendritic cells, and B-cells.’
- ‘‘Rituxan works on a component of the immune system called B-cells,’ Dr. Hawker said.’
B for bursa, referring to the organ in birds where it was first identified.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.