One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(especially of soils) having no zonal organization or structure.
- ‘There are also azonal saline wetlands, wetlands, gypsum and limestone containing soil types in low altitude zones.’
- ‘Latitudinal zonal divisions can be seen on plains, and azonal divisions in mountainous areas.’
- ‘The second category of soils in the Kananaskis region, azonal soils, are zonal soils that have been changed as a result of variations in topography, such as erosion, moisture status, and depth to bedrock.’
- ‘We will discuss evolutionary aspects of the growth-form characters in this azonal vegetation.’
- ‘The division into zonal, intrazonal, and azonal soils was the basis for the soil classification used in the USA until 1960.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.