Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- ‘Did you ever stop to consider the interesting problem of shaping the depth of the bath along a radius to allow azimuthal propagating modes?’
- ‘This is supported by inspection of the heme structures resulting from the MDS, which clearly show that the native model has a larger azimuthal angle.’
- ‘In theory, an analysis of flow direction can provide unique azimuthal directions.’
- ‘Third, changes in the azimuthal orientation distribution of the probes around the symmetry axis cannot usually be deduced from steady-state polarized fluorescence measurements.’
- ‘These results indicate that in the force range 0-20 pN, the changes in azimuthal orientations of the DNA segments are roughly comparable to those for the polar angles.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.