One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Azeotropes or azeotropic mixtures occur for a number of important chemical compounds but perhaps the most important is the ethanol-water mixture.’
- ‘To prevent fraud, chemists measure the moisture content of the spice using azeotropic distillation to detect the possible addition of water, which can be added in an attempt to increase an oil's perceived value.’
- ‘An azeotropic distillation was used to extract the water.’
- ‘Acetaldehyde, acetic acid, ethyl acetate and the fusel oils all tend to form azeotropic mixtures with the water and ethanol of the wine.’
- ‘The samples were refluxed for 24 h in an azeotropic mixture of dichloromethane and methanol.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.