Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- ‘Carl is a qualified Ayurvedic consultant, Yoga teacher, clinical hypnotherapist and life coach.’
- ‘I once asked the head of an Ayurvedic company in Bombay what he thought the most valuable Ayurvedic herb was.’
- ‘On another trip to India I met with several Ayurvedic doctors and heads of prominent Ayurvedic pharmacies.’
- ‘He regularly writes articles on various topics in Ayurveda in Ayurvedic health magazines and alternative medicine sites.’
- ‘She has studied Ayurveda with some of the world's most renowned Ayurvedic physicians in India, Europe and the US.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.