Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Using or denoting an orthographic projection of an object, such as a building, on a plane inclined to each of the three principal axes of the object; three-dimensional but without perspective.
solid, concrete, having depth, sculptural, roundedView synonyms
- ‘Including axonometric diagrams, VR tours, critical writings (from their paper and others), and great images, it appears that they are proud of the new addition to Seattle's downtown.’
- ‘It is a plan and axonometric wire-frame view of the prototype model's entire architectural component and piping system.’
- ‘One drawing on a silvered mirror panel presents an axonometric rendering of a cubic form extending outward from the central image along parallel lines.’
- ‘These scenes occur in a flattened, stacked space that resembles both axonometric architectural diagrams and traditional Chinese landscape painting.’
- ‘Like Stirling's work, the building would make a handsome axonometric drawing.’
- ‘Using three-dimensional CAD, the CM did a series of axonometric and sequencing drawings to figure out how to feed materials, equipment and workers into the building horizontally and vertically.’
- ‘But while their drawings could be visionary, they were graphically quite conventional perspective or axonometric renderings of three-dimensional space.’
- ‘If it has to be an oblique view then it must be an isonometric or axonometric with that slightly weird Daliesque effect.’
- ‘I didn't teach people how to draw grids and make axonometric projections.’
- ‘This is rather gorgeous: an axonometric rendering of 221B Baker Street, home to Sherlock Holmes (via the cartoonist).’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.