Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Symmetrical about an axis.
- ‘The cell interior was discretized in space with 4/1 quadrilateral axisymmetric mixed (u/p) solid elements.’
- ‘Three-node triangular axisymmetric elements were used for spatial discretization of the plasma.’
- ‘Perfect aperture circularity is necessary to obtain an axisymmetric liquid curvature.’
- ‘The finite element method has failed to replace the conventional SSI method in the laterally-loaded pile problem because the lateral load is not axisymmetric.’
- ‘In this paper an axisymmetric conical shell foundation has been analysed by Nonlinear Finite Element Method.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.