One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Reticulomyxa filosa cells are large, delicate syncytial networks and cannot be grown axenically.’
- ‘The cells were fed with ciliates Tetrahymena pyriformis, which were axenically cultured in medium containing 1.0% proteose peptone supplemented with 0.1% yeast extract.’
- ‘ATCC 50230 was grown axenically in seawater enriched with 10% w/v horse serum.’
- ‘Cells were grown axenically in batch culture, in Bold's basal medium as described previously, under a constant light fluence.’
- ‘Rice plants were axenically grown in glass test tubes containing a strip of filter paper to support the seeds and filled with 15 ml of Long Ashton nutrient solution.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.