One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A programme of competitive woodchopping and sawing events.‘celebrations included a race meeting, illuminations, and an axeman's carnival’
- ‘Some members of the regiment took part in an axeman's carnival.’
- ‘An axeman's carnival is held on the sports ground on New Year's Day.’
- ‘An axeman's carnival will take place this afternoon.’
- ‘It's the site of the annual Axeman's Carnival.’
- ‘The audience surrounded the playing area, as at a football game or an axeman's carnival.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.