One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- short for Australian Workers' Union
- ‘The AWU, having chosen to go it alone, wants to have its cake and eat it.’
- ‘There were three prerogative writ proceedings in this Court, one commenced by the AWU.’
- ‘He persuaded them to join what was in the end the AWU.’
- ‘It's easy to take over a decrepit union such as what the AWU was.’
- ‘There's a nice photo and puff piece on the AWU secretary.’
- ‘These deals were so much help in boosting AWU numbers within the Queensland Party.’
- ‘While the other unions have accepted the proposed pay rise, only AWU members will begin to see benefits this week.’
- ‘Appeals were brought by the AWU.’
- ‘The AWU persistently criticised his membership of the upper house.’
- ‘AWU bosses traditionally liked to enjoy holding the balance of power at ALP conferences.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.