Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Extremely good; excellent.‘the ladies' awesomesauce weekend in Vegas ended prematurely’‘seeing them perform live was awesomesauce!’[as exclamation] ‘awesomesauce, looking forward to it’
- ‘All of the books kind of melt my brain with their awesomesauce.’
- ‘My awesomesauce fiancee will also be going back to school, but in the fall.’
- ‘I will still need to fill in the edges but it feels pretty awesomesauce to have accomplished this much.’
- ‘Short week this week, which is awesomesauce.’
- ‘The opening credits were totally awesomesauce.’
- ‘Altogether it's pretty awesomesauce and well worth a rent or a download.’
- ‘In the words of our great friend, Erica, "You're awesomesauce!"’
- ‘He's a freelance photographer – awesomesauce.’
- ‘Met some really nice people, saw some awesomesauce costumes, had waaaay too much sugar and headed home just a bit ago.’
Early 21st century: humorous alteration of awesome, on the pattern of weak sauce.
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.