Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Extremely good; excellent.‘the ladies' awesomesauce weekend in Vegas ended prematurely’‘seeing them perform live was awesomesauce!’as exclamation ‘awesomesauce, looking forward to it’
- ‘All of the books kind of melt my brain with their awesomesauce.’
- ‘He's a freelance photographer – awesomesauce.’
- ‘Met some really nice people, saw some awesomesauce costumes, had waaaay too much sugar and headed home just a bit ago.’
- ‘Altogether it's pretty awesomesauce and well worth a rent or a download.’
- ‘The opening credits were totally awesomesauce.’
- ‘I will still need to fill in the edges but it feels pretty awesomesauce to have accomplished this much.’
- ‘In the words of our great friend, Erica, "You're awesomesauce!"’
- ‘Short week this week, which is awesomesauce.’
- ‘My awesomesauce fiancee will also be going back to school, but in the fall.’
Early 21st century: humorous alteration of awesome, on the pattern of weak sauce.
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.