One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A coloured bracelet worn to raise awareness of a particular cause.‘why have so many footballers taken to wearing awareness bracelets?’
- ‘The popularity of the "awareness bracelet", a coloured wristband, is growing.’
- ‘Another awareness bracelet, a purple one imprinted with the letters "NOLA" and a fleur-de-lis, was created by the Tulane sophomore and his sister, a senior.’
- ‘To celebrate the anniversary the programme is launching Newsnight awareness week, with fetching awareness bracelets.’
- ‘Examples include signing internet petitions, the wearing of wristbands("awareness bracelets") with political messages, joining a Facebook group, posting issue-oriented YouTube videos or taking part in short-term boycotts such as Buy Nothing Day or Earth Hour.’
- ‘Started by Tour de France legend and testicular-cancer survivor Armstrong to benefit his research and advocacy foundation, the awareness bracelet as a fund-raising tool has since been copied across the nation by scores of churches, schools, charities, and sports organizations - with a color for every cause.’
- ‘Sporting exclusive red awareness bracelets, the players will help to raise awareness of Geoff's fundraising campaign and the vital research that has helped save thousands of lives.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.