One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘At Westminster, he played rugby, and when a scrum collapsed, he avulsed a spinous process, very painful, but he was able to claim later that he had ‘broken his back.’’
- ‘If the nail plate is partially avulsed but is firmly attached to the nail matrix, exploring the nail bed is difficult and probably unwarranted.’
- ‘The worst injury he had seen since he started at Heiwa had been a nearly avulsed finger that had been slammed in a closed door by a careless gentleman who had let the good news of his engagement get the better of him.’
- ‘For this reason, great pains are taken to ensure that the dry creek bed is properly prepared to receive the flow of the tributary now avulsing over the alluvial fan.’
- ‘The lateral capsule had also avulsed from the humerus and was attached to the bony fragment.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.