One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘As we are dealing with an aging population, with a large quantity of disease attributable to an unnecessarily and avoidably poor lifestyle, the need for change is obvious.’
- ‘Had there all along been a free press, we might have learned that the private sector has avoidably consigned to catastrophic injury or death more workers than the public sector around the world has in its wars.’
- ‘Every child's life that is lost, mostly avoidably, is a tragedy.’
- ‘Britain, sadly and avoidably, is heading in the wrong direction.’
- ‘Other aggravating features include driving while the driver's attention was avoidably distracted - such as by reading or by the use of a mobile phone.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.