One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Able to be avoided or prevented.‘the accident was entirely avoidable’‘avoidable costs’
preventable, stoppable, avertableView synonyms
- ‘This is driving a panic not to give anyone any reason to be able to point a finger of blame that the government didn't prevent an avoidable atrocity.’
- ‘If most Israelis consider a confrontation unnecessary or avoidable, they will simply refuse to fight.’
- ‘Firefighters are now warning people to keep combustible materials away from buildings to prevent avoidable damage.’
- ‘I hope not, because it is needless, avoidable and a national disgrace that this can happen every year.’
- ‘The Post Office will be made responsible for maintaining the rural network and preventing any avoidable closures.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.