One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Also, I noted that many of these individuals were lonely, isolated, unoccupied in either vocational or avocational ways, and were established in daily habits that marked them as mentally ill.’
- ‘But for many others who delve into the vast realm of history in the public domain, whether avocational historians or full-time promoters of a particular historical vision, these imperatives are not so clear.’
- ‘Men with avocational interests in military affairs organized uniformed militia units, voluntarily meeting to train and purchasing their own uniforms.’
- ‘Historical writings by vocational as well as avocational historians are rife with such writing, usually for the purpose of furthering the writer's agenda.’
- ‘Factors that determined whether lifestyle was controllable were the number of practice hours per week, the number of call nights, and the time for pursuit of avocational activities.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.