One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Also, I noted that many of these individuals were lonely, isolated, unoccupied in either vocational or avocational ways, and were established in daily habits that marked them as mentally ill.’
- ‘Factors that determined whether lifestyle was controllable were the number of practice hours per week, the number of call nights, and the time for pursuit of avocational activities.’
- ‘Historical writings by vocational as well as avocational historians are rife with such writing, usually for the purpose of furthering the writer's agenda.’
- ‘Men with avocational interests in military affairs organized uniformed militia units, voluntarily meeting to train and purchasing their own uniforms.’
- ‘But for many others who delve into the vast realm of history in the public domain, whether avocational historians or full-time promoters of a particular historical vision, these imperatives are not so clear.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.