Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- ‘Since most aviculturalists are more at home with Psittacosis, I will continue to use that name.’
- ‘I manufactured artificial nests using domed bamboo nest baskets frequently used by aviculturalists for breeding finches.’
- ‘The closed aviary concept offers both the aviculturalist and the veterinarian an foundation to build on.’
- ‘Most aviculturalists come into the hobby gradually, making purchases of equipment as the need arises.’
- ‘Many of these artificially raised birds are sold and purchased by aviculturalists and placed in their aviaries.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.