Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- another term for flying jacket
- ‘The stylist was wearing some impressively high over-the-knee boots with a Burberry aviator jacket and a t-shirt dress.’
- ‘On Net-a-porter.com, the shearling-lined, chocolate leather aviator jacket has sold out already.’
- ‘Keep warm and comfortable in the upcoming winter months whilst being stylish and on trend with this taupe aviator jacket from Red Herring.’
- ‘A key piece for Autumn/Winter is the Aviator jacket - they are literally flying off the shelves already.’
- ‘I took four bags of unworn stuff to my local charity shop and I stored away my Uggs and aviator jackets.’
- ‘She arrived by the back entrance in a clingy white top, skin-tight black trousers, aviator jacket and stilettos, clutching her mobile.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.