One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A class of vertebrates which comprises the birds.
- ‘The new edition also includes, significantly, a chapter on birds of the Mesozoic, thereby officially recognizing that Aves belongs to the larger grouping, Dinosauria.’
- ‘Let's investigate the origin and evolution of flight in our representative taxa: the Pterosauria, Aves, and Chiroptera (bats).’
- ‘However, the discovery that some dromaeosaurs could fly identifies them as birds and now places them within the class Aves.’
- ‘Now that is fine, but if you want a pretty strong line of evidence to show that birds came from theropods, then add a lot of theropods to the class Aves.’
- ‘Hence, the possession of feathers is unique to birds and defines all members of the class Aves.’
Latin, plural of avis ‘bird’.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.