One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘For years I had recurring nightmares of giant, bucktoothed avengers chasing me over endless fields pitted with gopher holes the size of bomb craters.’
- ‘I don't think I would have gone down in the annals of legendary avengers against evil.’
- ‘Unfortunately, the situation is not changing for the better and not even the ‘masked avengers of neo-liberal capitalism’ are going to right the wrongs of the world.’
- ‘Second, the apparent willingness to kill very large numbers of wholly innocent humans would reduce the avengers to the same moral level as the terrorists.’
- ‘The violence continued sporadically for months; and months after it had died down, anonymous avengers riposted with a cycle of bomb blasts, a horrific postscript to the slaughter.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.