One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The violence continued sporadically for months; and months after it had died down, anonymous avengers riposted with a cycle of bomb blasts, a horrific postscript to the slaughter.’
- ‘Unfortunately, the situation is not changing for the better and not even the ‘masked avengers of neo-liberal capitalism’ are going to right the wrongs of the world.’
- ‘I don't think I would have gone down in the annals of legendary avengers against evil.’
- ‘For years I had recurring nightmares of giant, bucktoothed avengers chasing me over endless fields pitted with gopher holes the size of bomb craters.’
- ‘Second, the apparent willingness to kill very large numbers of wholly innocent humans would reduce the avengers to the same moral level as the terrorists.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.