Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Characterized by or associated with a lack of blood vessels.‘avascular necrosis’‘the cornea is avascular’
- ‘Chronic wounds, such as pressure ulcers, can sustain bacterial balance and resist infection if well cared for and kept free of necrotic avascular tissue.’
- ‘We believe that these results represent a promising beginning for the potential of a cell-based therapy to repair a tear in the avascular inner third of the meniscus.’
- ‘The areas with aggregates of cavernous-type blood vessels alternated with avascular zones.’
- ‘Defects of the hip's cartilage can be caused by osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, avascular necrosis, and trauma.’
- ‘She had undergone a right hip replacement because of avascular necrosis of the femoral head associated with use of corticosteroids.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.