One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘It has become a magnet for avant-gardists who want to hang out in a place that has become a byword for New York's alternative arts scene.’
- ‘The only performance artist to make the pop charts, he joins the roster of aging musical avant-gardists who've begun to top the bill annually at the Rodeo.’
- ‘Otherwise we are merely callow modernizers or cavalier avant-gardists, who in seeking to eradicate the past will discover that it returns with a vengeance to plague us.’
- ‘Works of European avant-gardists and ‘world’ artists were juxtaposed for their ‘magical’ qualities.’
- ‘Even some avant-gardists began to mold their work around regular company structures, touring, repertory, and management that could talk to presenters and funding agencies.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.