One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Linear relationships have been found between increasing levels of the supplied amino acid and the bioluminescence emission of the auxotrophic mutant of E. coli carrying the lux system.’
- ‘The data indicate that the mutations complement with respect to the auxotrophic phenotype when grown on Sang's medium.’
- ‘A plasmid containing this 3.1 kb of wild-type genomic DNA was cotransfected with a trp1 plasmid into protoplasts isolated from an auxotrophic thn1 mutant strain.’
- ‘Previous work on Drosophila de novo purine synthesis genes showed that 4 mg/ml RNA supplementation can rescue the phenotype of auxotrophic mutants fed a defined medium.’
- ‘In addition to testing the generality of fungal survival factors, auxotrophic mutants allow several key aspects of fungal biology to be assessed in vivo.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.