One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘This occurs for example when traditional alkyd resins are autoxidised by atmospheric oxygen in the presence of an autoxidation promoter or ‘drying agent’ such as cobalt octoate.’
- ‘However, the oxy complex has the potential to autoxidise to form the ferric haemoglobin.’
- ‘In view of therapeutic strategies indole-type substances are to be preferred, as these are devoid of autoxidizing reactions as found with phenolic antioxidants like tocopherol.’
- ‘Thus reaction further autoxidizes to produce free radicals, hydrogen peroxide and hydroxyl radicals.’
- ‘They speculated that the hydrocarbons might have been formed in autoxidizing dehydrated potatoes by hexanal decomposition that had been catalysed by fat peroxides.’
- ‘The emulsion is autoxidized by subjecting it to an oxygen-containing gas to cross-link unsaturated fatty acid moieties until the emulsified particles are gelled or nearly gelled.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.