One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Thus reaction further autoxidizes to produce free radicals, hydrogen peroxide and hydroxyl radicals.’
- ‘This occurs for example when traditional alkyd resins are autoxidised by atmospheric oxygen in the presence of an autoxidation promoter or ‘drying agent’ such as cobalt octoate.’
- ‘The emulsion is autoxidized by subjecting it to an oxygen-containing gas to cross-link unsaturated fatty acid moieties until the emulsified particles are gelled or nearly gelled.’
- ‘In view of therapeutic strategies indole-type substances are to be preferred, as these are devoid of autoxidizing reactions as found with phenolic antioxidants like tocopherol.’
- ‘However, the oxy complex has the potential to autoxidise to form the ferric haemoglobin.’
- ‘They speculated that the hydrocarbons might have been formed in autoxidizing dehydrated potatoes by hexanal decomposition that had been catalysed by fat peroxides.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.