One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A worker in the motor vehicle manufacturing industry.
- ‘Towards the end of his book, there is an important episode which provides a clue into the sources of gender identity among male autoworkers.’
- ‘Environmentalists clashed with autoworkers over fuel-efficiency standards.’
- ‘Well, my Dad's an autoworker, same as my granddad.’
- ‘And they are worried that in the world's biggest car market that may trigger a backlash, especially given how many American autoworkers have been laid off.’
- ‘His stepfather was an autoworker, while his mother became a housewife and sometimes worked as a sales-person at department stores.’
- ‘Negotiations will be intense, but the president could carve out a victory that will win the support of autoworkers and farmers.’
- ‘The autoworker knows his or her particular job quite well and, if this job disappears, there may be no comparable position that makes use of these specific skills.’
- ‘My father is a retired autoworker and he said he never wanted us to have to work at a monotonous factory job.’
- ‘Rather than calling for united action by autoworkers against job losses, the trade union leaders argued for a change in economic strategy by the government.’
- ‘The autoworkers union has demanded a profit-sharing bonus.’
- ‘Ford even created his own sociological department, staffed by 50 inspectors who kept tabs on autoworkers ' behavior off the job.’
- ‘All autoworkers, from the president to the line worker, want to be proud of their company and the product they make.’
- ‘On November 1, 15,000 autoworkers walked off the job in the latest ‘warning strikes’ in a dispute over wage negotiations.’
- ‘When it opens, it will have capacity to build 4.3 million vehicles in North America and will employ nearly 70,000 U.S. autoworkers.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.