Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
verb & noun
- ‘Use your autowind or motor drive to fire off three or four successive shots to increase your odds of getting a winner.’
- ‘What is necessary to guarantee the good quality of diver mechanical watches with autowinding?’
- ‘However, modern cameras generally provide greater convenience, much more automation, additional features such as easy loading, autowinding, and built-in flash, and are usually lighter.’
- ‘With an autowind camera, shoot only one frame at a time.’
- ‘Point 'n' shoot refers to those cameras that require no focusing, cannot switch lenses, are auto-exposing, and autowinding.’
- ‘If your camera has the autowind feature, it will automatically go to the first frame.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.