One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
noun & verb
- ‘Point 'n' shoot refers to those cameras that require no focusing, cannot switch lenses, are auto-exposing, and autowinding.’
- ‘However, modern cameras generally provide greater convenience, much more automation, additional features such as easy loading, autowinding, and built-in flash, and are usually lighter.’
- ‘With an autowind camera, shoot only one frame at a time.’
- ‘If your camera has the autowind feature, it will automatically go to the first frame.’
- ‘Use your autowind or motor drive to fire off three or four successive shots to increase your odds of getting a winner.’
- ‘What is necessary to guarantee the good quality of diver mechanical watches with autowinding?’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.