One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Physiologically, plant conversion or seedling development involves a transition from the heterotrophic embryo to an autotrophic plant.’
- ‘Plants are sessile, autotrophic, and grow in an indeterminate and modular manner.’
- ‘These differences correlate with differentiated function as heterotrophic, autotrophic and transport pathway components of the leaf.’
- ‘Moreover, growth rate was deeply reduced during heterotrophic and autotrophic development.’
- ‘Recently there has been discussion about the metabolic state of the ocean, with arguments questioning whether the open ocean is net autotrophic or net heterotrophic.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.