One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A small table on wheels used for conveying food and drink.‘an autotray rolled up and our breakfasts were placed in front of us’
- ‘In a very short time the young gentleman returned, wheeling an autotray with a silver coffee service on the top ledge.’
- ‘Though she supervised the meals and the ritual teatime (using an autotray), she never cooked.’
- ‘She was about to get up and leave her fears with the early morning when she heard the squeak of the autotray from the passage.’
- ‘He is eyeing the carefully prepared party food stacked on an autotray.’
- ‘Does anyone still wheel out either a traymobile or an autotray?’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.