Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- ‘The recurrence of the tumor was detected on November 15, and the autotransplant was performed two weeks later.’
- ‘We hope to continue our research by undertaking more autotransplants in other patients, and are hopeful that one day this will become a standard procedure to help women who have lost ovarian function,’ he concluded.’
- ‘However, animal models with anastamoses have demonstrated success, but there has been only one prior successful human autotransplant.’
- ‘Within this group, the pulmonary autotransplant is an excellent choice for patients…’
- ‘The researchers reviewed medical records of 1,188 women who had autotransplants for advanced breast cancer.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.