One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An electrical transformer which has a single winding of which part is common to both primary and secondary circuits.
- ‘Always connect the autotransformer after the power switch and fuse of the equipment it is installed in.’
- ‘I am planning to build a 4 input volume control device using an autotransformer and remote control.’
- ‘They can build autotransformers to any voltage and current required.’
- ‘If this is actually an autotransformer, then you do not have a separate primary and secondary winding.’
- ‘This line of autotransformers offers cost effective and reliable means of AC blower motor speed control.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.