One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An electrical transformer which has a single winding of which part is common to both primary and secondary circuits.
- ‘This line of autotransformers offers cost effective and reliable means of AC blower motor speed control.’
- ‘Always connect the autotransformer after the power switch and fuse of the equipment it is installed in.’
- ‘If this is actually an autotransformer, then you do not have a separate primary and secondary winding.’
- ‘They can build autotransformers to any voltage and current required.’
- ‘I am planning to build a 4 input volume control device using an autotransformer and remote control.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.