Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
An electrical transformer which has a single winding of which part is common to both primary and secondary circuits.
- ‘They can build autotransformers to any voltage and current required.’
- ‘If this is actually an autotransformer, then you do not have a separate primary and secondary winding.’
- ‘This line of autotransformers offers cost effective and reliable means of AC blower motor speed control.’
- ‘Always connect the autotransformer after the power switch and fuse of the equipment it is installed in.’
- ‘I am planning to build a 4 input volume control device using an autotransformer and remote control.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.