One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to or denoting two-dimensional images that may be perceived as three-dimensional without the need for special optical equipment.‘the ultimate solution will be autostereoscopic screens that don't require glasses’
- ‘Additional capabilities will be indicated including multiple viewer systems which will allow a number of static or independently mobile users to enjoy 3D autostereoscopic images simultaneously.’
- ‘One of the most significant changes found in the Swedish model is the presentation of the crisis: a three-dimensional autostereoscopic view, which shows the battle space better than any map could and which provides each staff member a valuable perspective of volume and depth.’
- ‘The company is already marketing a 42-in. autostereoscopic plasma screen, aimed at corporations who want an eye-catching display, although at over $15,000 it probably won't appear in your average living room any time soon.’
- ‘The system includes an autostereoscopic display that represents objects in 3-D without the user wearing either a head-mounted display or shutter glasses.’
- ‘An interesting type of desk-supported displays are autostereoscopic ones, which produce a stereo image while viewed with unaided eyes.’
- ‘In general, it is difficult to eliminate crosstalk in auto-stereoscopic 3D displays.’
- ‘We include a discussion of autostereoscopic displays, which allow a viewer to watch 3D images without the need for 3D glasses or other aids.’
- ‘In autostereoscopic displays, a parallax barrier added to an LCD screen delivers separate images to the right and left eyes.’
- ‘The auto-stereoscopic (glasses-free) 3DTV technology is usually criticized by many in the press, especially those that have only seen the first generations of prototypes.’
- ‘The Japanese electronics company unveiled its new autostereoscopic liquid crystal screen at an electronics show in Tokyo last month.’
- ‘These autostereoscopic displays are expensive and display the images in a format that is squashed side-by-side.’
Early 20th century: from auto- + stereoscopic.
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.