One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Any chromosome that is not a sex chromosome.
- ‘Next we asked whether sex chromosomes and autosomes contribute equally to the patterns of inheritance.’
- ‘The results are attributed to introgression with a higher rate for autosomes than for sex chromosomes.’
- ‘The sex chromosomes and autosomes spend different times in the germ line of the two sexes.’
- ‘The fruit fly Drosophila melanogaster has two sex chromosomes and three autosomes.’
- ‘The chromosomal complement of each cell is divided into the autosomes and the sex chromosomes.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.