One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Any chromosome that is not a sex chromosome.
- ‘The chromosomal complement of each cell is divided into the autosomes and the sex chromosomes.’
- ‘The results are attributed to introgression with a higher rate for autosomes than for sex chromosomes.’
- ‘Next we asked whether sex chromosomes and autosomes contribute equally to the patterns of inheritance.’
- ‘The sex chromosomes and autosomes spend different times in the germ line of the two sexes.’
- ‘The fruit fly Drosophila melanogaster has two sex chromosomes and three autosomes.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.