Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Any chromosome that is not a sex chromosome.
- ‘The sex chromosomes and autosomes spend different times in the germ line of the two sexes.’
- ‘The chromosomal complement of each cell is divided into the autosomes and the sex chromosomes.’
- ‘The results are attributed to introgression with a higher rate for autosomes than for sex chromosomes.’
- ‘The fruit fly Drosophila melanogaster has two sex chromosomes and three autosomes.’
- ‘Next we asked whether sex chromosomes and autosomes contribute equally to the patterns of inheritance.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.