Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- ‘Throughout the article only autosomal chromosome segments are considered.’
- ‘Another significant aspect of our study is the experimental determination of haplotypes for an autosomal gene.’
- ‘For autosomal transgenes, both males and females were used for classification.’
- ‘Tumor suppressor genes are located on autosomal chromosomes.’
- ‘After germline transformation, two autosomal transgenic lines were recovered.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.