One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A software facility which automatically saves a user's work at regular intervals.
- ‘Finally, players never have to worry about the consequences of choosing a mission because of the inherent autosave feature.’
- ‘It should also be noted that it has an autosave function besides the manual save option.’
- ‘Also, there is an autosave that saves after each of your turns.’
- ‘Even with the patches, it still occasionally crashes to the desktop, bringing me to further appreciate the new autosave feature.’
Save (work) automatically using the autosave facility.
- ‘You play for five or ten minutes then put it aside (at the end of each level the game autosaves, and you can restart where you left off easily).’
- ‘Note that this software doesn't autosave your work.’
- ‘By default files are autosaved to the backup directory.’
- ‘Also it doesn't seem to be autosaving even though I get a flash of ‘saving’ at every turn.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.