Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A software facility which automatically saves a user's work at regular intervals.
- ‘It should also be noted that it has an autosave function besides the manual save option.’
- ‘Even with the patches, it still occasionally crashes to the desktop, bringing me to further appreciate the new autosave feature.’
- ‘Finally, players never have to worry about the consequences of choosing a mission because of the inherent autosave feature.’
- ‘Also, there is an autosave that saves after each of your turns.’
Save (work) automatically using the autosave facility.
- ‘Note that this software doesn't autosave your work.’
- ‘By default files are autosaved to the backup directory.’
- ‘Also it doesn't seem to be autosaving even though I get a flash of ‘saving’ at every turn.’
- ‘You play for five or ten minutes then put it aside (at the end of each level the game autosaves, and you can restart where you left off easily).’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.