Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A program that automatically generates a set response to all messages sent to a particular email address.‘I got a reply almost right away, which I assume was from an autoresponder’
- ‘A good, FREE autoresponder is provided.’
- ‘Make sure that you use an autoresponder to automatically send a sign-up confirmation and "day of event" reminders with the conference call-in information and access codes.’
- ‘One of them will make me wait, for the contact is out of the office until next week, so sayeth her autoresponder.’
- ‘Doing this technique, you don't have to reply to the hundreds of mailers one by one, because your autoresponder will have done that for you.’
- ‘The research also found that three in ten companies used an autoresponder to reply initially to an email, but two in ten companies failed to follow this up with a proper response.’
- ‘From the email messages in the autoresponder, you can send them to a simple order page for your own ebook or you can send them to an affiliate product page.’
- ‘It did not send the newsletter to all my subscribers, so I have transferred my list to another autoresponder.’
- ‘Smart Internet marketers today don't just use an "autoresponder."’
- ‘It's as easy as slapping some related articles into an autoresponder.’
- ‘The easiest way is to use an autoresponder.’
- ‘An autoresponder sends out a scripted text via email.’
- ‘Must everyone use an autoresponder?’
- ‘In fact, you can have an Internet business if you just pay for your domain, hosting and a followup autoresponder as fixed costs.’
- ‘Offer it either by autoresponder or printer friendly version.’
- ‘If you're not familiar with the content, you can get it by autoresponder.’
- ‘Others suggested that spammers could circumvent it simply by writing an autoresponder that replied to the confirmation request.’
- ‘From there the company or individual can dictate exactly what they would like the autoresponder to say to each email received as well as how to deal with different types of emails and other variations.’
- ‘A lot of marketers understand autoresponders, and follow-up autoresponder systems.’
- ‘To retrieve the instructions and recipe via email autoresponder, simply send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org’
- ‘If your own Web site uses autoresponders, you will get Undeliverable Message E-mails when the autoresponder cannot deliver to the fake or forged return e-mail address used in the original Spam sent through your site.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.