Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- ‘The gels were dried and subjected to autoradiography and analyzed by computer-assisted densitometry.’
- ‘Radioactivity on the membrane was detected by autoradiography.’
- ‘If your main interest is clinical an explanation of intracellular recordings and autoradiography will be welcome, and presumably scientists will have a similar view about the clinical sections.’
- ‘After washing, the membrane was subjected to autoradiography for 48 hours at -70 degrees C.’
- ‘Hybridized transcripts were visualized by autoradiography.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.