Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A photograph of an object produced by radiation from radioactive material in the object.
- ‘The chromatogram produced can then be used to give an autoradiograph so the compounds that the radioactive material has been incorporated into can be readily identified.’
- ‘The autoradiographs were scanned with a densitometer, and the signals were quantified.’
- ‘Fig 3 and Fig 4 each show scanned images of autoradiographs from a single gel and a single exposure.’
- ‘We scored autoradiographs by identifying novel and shared bands.’
- ‘Hybridization can be visualized by measuring color development on the blot when enzyme labels are used or by developing the radioactive blots onto autoradiographs.’
- ‘We assessed band sharing on polyacrylamide gel autoradiographs.’
Make an autoradiograph of:‘the gel was dried and autoradiographed’
- ‘The radiolabelled products were separated in a 6% denaturing polyacrylamide gel and autoradiographed.’
- ‘Blots were dried and then autoradiographed for 5-15 days at - 80°.’
- ‘Alternatively, the gel was autoradiographed at - 80°C.’
- ‘Samples were electrophoresed on a 7% SDS-polyacrylamide gel, and autoradiographed.’
- ‘After the pre-treatment of the gel, it is autoradiographed and the retarded band is cut from the gel and placed in an eppendorf tube.’
- ‘The labelled reaction products resulting from elongation of the primers were separated on polyacrylamide gels which were then autoradiographed.’
- ‘Radioactivity in blots was detected upon exposure to autoradiograph film.’
- ‘Following chromatography, the plate was dried and autoradiographed.’
- ‘The membranes were then autoradiographed using a phosphoimaging system.’
- ‘The washed membrane was autoradiographed overnight.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.