Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- another term for autoradiograph
- ‘Band intensities were quantified by densitometry of the autoradiogram.’
- ‘Figure 3C shows an autoradiogram of a typical in vitro translation experiment in wheat-germ extract.’
- ‘Hybridization signals were visualized by an autoradiogram and a bio-imaging analyser.’
- ‘The sequence was then read from autoradiograms of 6% polyacrylamide gels exposed overnight.’
- ‘Only two radioactive metabolites were detected on the autoradiogram.’
- ‘There were still, however, strains that appeared to be pure types, from the diagnostic bands on the autoradiogram.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.