Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A functionality that causes a video, audio file, etc. to play automatically, without action from a user.‘the site doesn't let you completely disable autoplay for videos’as modifier ‘the autoplay feature makes it extremely frustrating to read the comments’
- ‘The ad bombardment has reached new heights with pop-overs and auto-play videos that often bring my browser to its knees.’
- ‘People were tweeting instructions on how to disable autoplay.’
- ‘I've opened up a new tab with some autoplay music/video and you have to spend eternity searching for it to mute.’
- ‘Using the same program, you can also disable AutoPlay so discs won't run automatically when a disc is inserted into the drive.’
- ‘Autoplay ads have the potential to be very effective.’
- ‘Because of autoplay, people viewing the feed were involuntarily subjected to the video.’
- ‘The minute you connect to a wireless point, auto-play is back.’
- ‘You can consider me another person heartily annoyed by these new embedded autoplay video ads.’
- ‘The 'up next' column displays videos that will play next when autoplay is enabled.’
- ‘Auto play ads garner more revenue from advertisers than standard display ads.’
(of a video, audio file, etc.) play automatically, without action from a user.‘the video will autoplay once the full blog post loads’
- ‘What happens if you let the CD autoplay?’
- ‘Adverts on games include perfectly timed ads that pop up full-screen so you're almost guaranteed to tap them if you're navigating the game, as well as video ads that autoplay.’
- ‘I don't know if you can set it to auto-play DVDs.’
- ‘I've seen plenty of animated ads; lately they even include videos that occasionally autoplay.’
- ‘The ads are auto-playing with sound in my browser.’
- ‘The two social media sites' videos both auto-play in the feed.’
- ‘Videos will still auto-play when a tab is in the foreground.’
- ‘I think we all got sick of that video auto-playing.’
- ‘They've made it autoplay the next episode with no option to disable that feature.’
- ‘Videos on the site have to be 15 seconds or less and usually auto-play without sound.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.