One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
With the freedom to act independently.‘each canton in Switzerland operates almost autonomously’
- ‘The arena contains a charging station, where the robots can autonomously recharge their batteries.’
- ‘Engineers are working on a giant, synthetic, robo-jellyfish, which one day could autonomously patrol the high seas.’
- ‘Our identities are socially imposed, not autonomously created.’
- ‘He has patterned his life on the ideal of the artist who must speak autonomously of social, economic, or cultural systems of dominance.’
- ‘Where the guilds could still run their own affairs autonomously, they did not depart one jot from the traditional system.’
- ‘It may have been better for them to continue autonomously as a private school, but this is a decision they must live with.’
- ‘NASA successfully ground-tested technologies that will enable unmanned spacecraft to rendezvous autonomously.’
- ‘Plans for drones that could be directed autonomously present the military with a dilemma.’
- ‘Professional workers expect to act autonomously, requiring a greater need to ensure that they act in unison with the organization.’
- ‘We are reminded that European countries did not grow autonomously.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.