Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
1another term for automate
- ‘The system automizes the recent steps in the workflow.’
- ‘A patch manager is a program that automizes the updating of the computer to the latest patch level, including searching, downloading and installing patches.’
- ‘It automizes the page layout and shortens the phase of creation, correction and setting.’
- ‘This is a product useful in automizing the management activities and general functioning of any educational institute.’
- ‘We are glad to demonstrate management system solutions for automized processes on the basis of self-service terminals.’
- ‘In your working directory of synapsen there is a script file which automizes this process.’
- ‘District administration including various government departments in the district is rapidly automizing the working system.’
- ‘It automizes the process and calculates which programmes you can theoretically receive with your dish size at your position.’
- ‘And pharmaceutical companies are very much interested in automizing these processes as much as possible.’
2another term for automatize
- ‘Foucault also wrote, ‘It is an important mechanism, for it automizes and disindividualizes power.’’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.