One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
verb[with object]usually as adjective automatized
Make automatic or habitual.‘the need to refresh automatized forms of literature’
- ‘The practice of reading helps to automatize the reading process.’
- ‘Others stress that rapid automatized naming is part of a more general phonological ability and poor readers are considered to be less adept at retrieving phonological codes from long-term memory.’
- ‘After training, the degree to which a skill has been automatized has been measured using the disruption that occurs when targets and distractors are changed.’
- ‘The point is that our experience of language, quite as much as our experience of the world, is habitual and to that extent tends to be automatized.’
- ‘By automatizing that process, you make it less effective.’
- ‘In this mode, users can automatize the process and define wherever they want to run it.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.