One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
verb[WITH OBJECT]usually as adjective automatized
Make automatic or habitual.‘the need to refresh automatized forms of literature’
- ‘After training, the degree to which a skill has been automatized has been measured using the disruption that occurs when targets and distractors are changed.’
- ‘The practice of reading helps to automatize the reading process.’
- ‘The point is that our experience of language, quite as much as our experience of the world, is habitual and to that extent tends to be automatized.’
- ‘In this mode, users can automatize the process and define wherever they want to run it.’
- ‘By automatizing that process, you make it less effective.’
- ‘Others stress that rapid automatized naming is part of a more general phonological ability and poor readers are considered to be less adept at retrieving phonological codes from long-term memory.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.